Terms and Conditions, Warranty and Guarantees
Basis of Sale
All goods purchased are in accordance with any written purchase order from the customer, which is accepted by DVA Fabrications. All goods are supplied in accordance with these DVA Fabrications Terms and Conditions.
Title to goods
DVA Fabrications retains the legal right for all goods until they are paid for in full, at which time ownership (title) of the goods will pass to the customer. Risk of damage to or loss of goods shall pass to the buyer at the time if delivery.
When placing and confirming an order, it is up to the customer to review all details of the quote (e.g. dimensions, colours, delivery address) and ensure these are correct. Any cancellations or amendments for an order, after it is accepted by DVA, need to be made within 3 days of the order confirmation date. Any request for changes must be sent in writing. DVA Fabrications will do their best to assist in helping with changes but cannot guarantee that changes can be made. Any alterations to the order once work has commenced may incur additional charges.
All goods and delivery fees are subject to a 10% Goods and Services Tax. Products shown on the website are GST inclusive.
Whilst we endeavour to keep the pricing on the website up to date, DVA Fabrications reserves the right to alter any advertised prices without notice. Errors and omissions are subject to alteration without notice.
DVA Fabrications reserve the right to discontinue and/or replace products without notice.
Please note that there may be slight colour differences between the printed image of products on this site and the actual products.
We seek to continually improve the quality of the goods offered for sale. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on this site is accurate, changes do occur and goods can be discontinued, due to economic conditions and supplier changes. In this event we will offer you as close an alternative as possible. We do reserve the right to change specifications or improve our goods.
Where credit is provided, payment is required within 7 days from date of invoice, unless alternative terms are previously agreed.
DVA Fabrications reserves the right to charge interest on any overdue account.
DVA Fabrications will provide a quote on delivery/freight charges from an independent Furniture Removals or Freight company not affiliated with DVA Fabrications. Once any quote is accepted by the customer, the agreement for carrying goods is solely between the customer and the carrier. We do not charge a flat rate for delivery as we endeavour to find you the most competitive rate we can at the time of the order.
If you would prefer to use your own freight account, we will ship your order on your account.
Transit Insurance is a customer responsibility. Details will be supplied by the approved carrier and any claims are to be made directly to the carrier as accepted on the quote.
Delivery charges are based on the order quantity and location of delivery. A delivery cost will be supplied on confirmation of order.
Installation is not included unless stated on your quote/order.
We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind. However, we are happy for you to contact us to discuss and we will review this on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact us with any issues with any product and we will do our best to assist you.
Custom made and designed items are non-returnable. Cancellation or changes to custom orders must be made within three days of placing the order.
Damaged goods and claims
If goods are delivered damaged, where damage has not been caused by the delivery process, DVA Fabrications must be notified in writing within 3 days of receipt of the goods, otherwise claims cannot be considered. Shortages also should be notified within 3 days.
DVA Product Care Guide
Proper care of your furniture will ensure its durability and high quality.
- Do not sit on the arms of chairs/couches, or apply excessive pressure, as they are not designed for this purpose and it will damage the product.
- Please refrain from sitting on the tables as this will cause uneven table tops.
- Flip Top Tables – Due the nature of the product (being flipped and locked into place for easy nesting purposes) the units do require regular maintenance
We suggest a regular check-up and tighten of any components that may have worked loose from movement.
Also due to the product features, it is not always possible for the tables to line up as a perfect straight top when joined together. You may purchase an additional table top joiner should this be something you require for your particular environment.
- Do not let children or animals jump or climb on the furniture.
- Please ensure that furniture is lifted, not dragged, when being moved (furniture with castors excepted) but ensure castors are unlocked before moving mobile furniture.
- Exposure to extreme heat or cold can damage the product, as can exposure to prolonged sunlight.
- Fabric furniture should be vacuumed and cleaned regularly. We recommend a furniture cleaning specialist should be used to clean your furniture on occasion.
For cleaning care and advice for a specific fabric or material used in your product please contact our sales team on (08) 9206 2257 or at email@example.com.
Warranty and Guarantees
At DVA Fabrications, we are committed to supplying high quality furniture and accessories that are durable and long lasting.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We offer the following warranty periods to cover the conventional use of our furniture. These warranties, offered in good faith, are subject to the purchaser ensuring that they have made all effort to maintain the furniture in good condition.
The warranty period commences from the date the goods are delivered to the customer and only apply to the original purchaser at the original address.
If a replacement product is offered as part of your warranty claim, the original guarantee period still stands.
All structural components are covered for a 2-year period.
Fabric and finishes are per the supplier warranty (Please email us for further information).
EXCLUSIONS TO THE WARRANTY PERIODS
The following do not apply to the above stated warranty periods
- Normal wear and tear (including pilling, fading, loss/deterioration of the product).
- Damage caused by improper use, cleaning, negligence, treatment, transportation, storage etc.
- Damage caused by any modifications, alterations, improper assembly, tampering, or products used in an abnormal manner and not for the products intended purposes.
- Damage caused by exposing the products to the sun, extreme heat or cold, or chemicals / agents that are known to damage the finish of the product.
- Body impressions on sofas, chairs, and ottomans.
- Softening of the foam and/or webbing (Foam and webbing is likely to soften over time as a result of normal usage of our products.
- Damages caused by Act of God.
- Defects in products that are sold “As Is” which were brought to your attention on purchase.
- Not following the ‘DVA Product Care Guide’.
Should your warranty claim be successful, any transportation costs (e.g. pick up, drop off etc.) will be covered by DVA Fabrications.
MAKING A CLAIM
In the unlikely event that you need to make a warranty claim, please ensure to provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of the fault being identified.
Please cease use of the product immediately after the fault is identified.
- Your full name
- Contact details (email, direct number)
- Proof of purchase (e.g. Tax Invoice/Receipt)
- Product name and information
- Written account of fault claimed
- Photographic evidence of fault
We reserve the right to fully assess the product to determine the nature of the fault claimed.
We promise to do our best to resolve any issue in a timely manner and ask that you respond to all questions and requests promptly.
** CUAFRN2017 Customers: Please contact us directly for warranty details.